What do I as a potential client need to think about for our consultation?
There are a list of questions that we begin the discussion off with
- Do you have a Mission Statement for this website?
- Who is the audience for the website?
- What words would you use to describe the website?
- What are your corporate core values and how do you express them to your visitors?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- What are the primary goals of the website? i.e. sell products online, increase sales through reaching more clients, etc
- Name the 3 things that are most important in the design of your new website.
- Name the 3 things that are least important in the design of your new website.
- Do you have any color scheme in mind for the website or a logo?
- Do you have any websites you have seen that you don’t like that are similar to your business/organization model?
- Do you have any other websites you have seen that you do like that are similar to your business/organization model?
- Do you currently have a brochure or other marketing materials?
- Do you envision a need for online payment transactions secure (login) information?
- What are the primary categories for navigation you would want to see on your website?
- Do you want to incorporate social media into your website?
- Do you want to have a website that is responsive to mobile devices?
- Do you need any password protected areas?
- Do you have a budget in mind for your website?
- Write a paragraph describing your business/organization.
These are a good starting point to the discussion.
How much does a website cost?
Well the answer to that question depends on various factors
- Do you want a responsive website?
- Do you want to sell products on your website?
- How many pages of content do you want to have?
- Do you want to maintain the website or have a separate contract for Brighten Your View to maintain the website
- Functionality requirements of the website – does your website need to integrate with other business systems
- Do you need a copy righter to create the content?
Brighten Your View strives to provide you the best solution that fits your budget.
What is the most single important piece of advice you offer a client?
The most important thing I want my potential clients and clients to understand that their website is an extension of their business and no matter how great I can make the initial version of their website it is very important that they make a commitment to nurture their website by providing fresh content perhaps in the form of a blog or new images of projects you have done as part of the business. This keeps your business relevant to the internet.
What is a Responsive Website Design?
A responsive website design is a website design that provides an optimal viewing experience to fit the screen of desktops, tablets, and mobile devices without the viewer having to resize the elements. The use of mobile phones and tablets has skyrocketed making a responsive web design a cost effective decision.
I want my website to be on Page One of Google Search How Realistic is this?
Google is constantly changing its search algorithm. The website is created by Brighten Your View uses the Best SEO Standards to help boost your rankings. As the client, you need to understand there are many factors involved here are a few:
- The content you provide for the website has to be rich in keywords and dynamically changing
- How much competition does your business have to compete against for common search keywords
- Is the website responsive – adjusting the content to fit on desktops, tablets and mobile devices.
- What is the length of your content the average is at least 2000 words
There are at least 200 things that can affect your website rankings. Here is a link to an article about it
Why should I hire you to create/redesign my website?
There are many reasons to hire me to develop your website here are the top 5:
-I work with you as your partner to bring your vision of your website to the web
-I bring over 10 years of website development experience and over 25 years of programming experience to your project
-I am affordable. I work within your budget to bring your project to life
-I listen to your needs and am always thinking about the best most efficient way to accomplish what you are looking for
-I approach each project with a passion for exceeding your expectations